Sunday, September 2, 2012

My First Week Ever (!) In Review (Of Sorts)

Real talk. I was absolutely dreading my first week as a real life teacher. I had a long-term sub position in the spring and it was AWFUL. We're talking I wanted to quit every time I got to my 8th period class. I loved my other classes, but that 8th period almost made me stop teaching altogether. And I've wanted to teach since kindergarten. HOWEVER. This week was the best first week I could have had. Absolutely none of my little darlings are like some of the kiddos I had last year. Sure, there is a lot to balance between two preps, 150 ish students, and a whole mess of paperwork. But y'all, my classes are fun. No crazy behavior issues yet and most of them are willing and ready to participate. What a breath of fresh air.

I'm still getting my room in order and all organized and cute. I am on a mission to prove that it's not just the elementary classrooms that are all cutesy and fun. My goal with this blog is focus mostly on social studies plans, but also discuss classroom and behavior management ideas that can work for high school and middle school, all while being goofy and adorable. Let's see how this goes. I'll leave you with a picture of how my room looked on the eve of classes starting:


No comments:

Post a Comment